Recruiter, Campbell River
Domcor Traffic Control Intl. Inc. is currently looking for a Recruiter based out of Campbell River, BC. This position will support the expansion of DTCII by locating, interviewing and onboarding qualified traffic control professionals for upcoming projects in the area.
As a member of our Recruitment Division, you will be dealing with fluctuating staffing requirements across multiple sectors. This is a very fast paced, high volume position that requires attention to detail, the ability to travel and a positive, and an enthusiastic approach. In addition to staffing, you will attend career fairs, networking events, provide on-boarding support and contribute to marketing strategies. This position will require travel within different areas of operation across Vancouver Island.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with operations about current and upcoming staffing requirements
- Organize & verify validity of applicant paperwork and on-boarding materials
- Field calls, review resumes, schedule & conduct interviews
- Participate and contribute positively in meetings with Indigenous representatives, joint venture partners, clients and cross divisional colleagues
- Update social media postings via contributions of new content
- Provide feedback on new recruits & arrange training and orientation
- Assist with finding, promoting and attending career fairs & hiring events
- Generate weekly/monthly reports & update spreadsheets for internal stats
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Write letters supporting funding requests for applicants
- Maintain knowledge of current social media and job search trends
- Degree in Human Resources or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to self direct, self motivate and work under pressure
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize
- Knowledge of the MS Office Suite including working knowledge of social media & content creation platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter & Canva)
- Ability to work efficiently & effectively with remote staff
- Positive, professional & driven attitude
- Knowledge of labor force certification and training requirements, especially in regard to BC traffic control specifications, a substantial asset
To apply, please include a short cover letter addressed to the Recruitment Department with your resume.
Domcor appreciates all interested applicants, however, only selected candidates will be contacted.
To learn more, check our www.domcor.ca, domcortraffic.ca, Facebook/DomcorCanada
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Company vehicle
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Campbell River, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Recruiting: 3 years (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (preferred)
Work Location: In person