Security Manager, Vancouver Island
The Security Manager at Safety Net Security will be entrusted with the responsibility of ensuring the safety and security of client properties, visitors, assets, and personnel. This position involves managing security guards engaged in access control, patrols, and surveillance activities. The Security Manager will lead by example, fostering a culture of respect, professionalism, and exceptional customer service.
- Access Control and Patrols: Conduct proactive access control and vehicle-based security patrols of the property, diligently observing and reporting any suspicious or criminal behavior.
- Collaboration with Security Departments and Emergency Respondents: Work with various security departments and local emergency responders (police, fire, ambulance) to create a safe and secure environment where applicable.
- Surveillance Equipment: Utilize surveillance equipment, such as Go Pros, when necessary.
- Communication and Coordination: Maintain effective communication and coordination with management and operations.
- Report Writing: Write clear and concise reports as required by Domcor Health, Safety, and Security policies, including any additional reports requested by the area supervisor.
- Conflict Management and De-escalation: Demonstrate the ability to manage conflicts and incidents and effectively de-escalate challenging situations.
- Emergency Response Plan (ERP): Familiarize oneself with the client’s Emergency Response Plan (ERP) for the assigned work site.
- Incident Reporting: Report any irregularities, environmental incidents, safety incidents, and infractions to the supervisor.
- Customer Service: Provide exceptional, high-level customer service to the client in a sometimes challenging and dynamic environment.
- Relationship Building: Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Property and Personnel Security: Ensure client property, investments, and personnel are secure against theft, vandalism, and illegal activities.
- Regulation Enforcement: Enforce regulations and follow site-specific instructions.
- Emergency Response: Respond professionally to site emergencies and communicate any suspicious activities or concerns to the appropriate supervisors.
- Physical Ability: Be able to perform physical tasks such as standing, walking, jogging, climbing, kneeling, squatting, bending, grasping, and holding various tools and objects for extended periods.
- Motivation and Support: Motivate and support employees to create an environment where they are encouraged to perform at higher standards.
- Culture and Professionalism: Demonstrate, develop, and promote a culture of respect, fairness, equality, and professionalism.
- Incident Reporting: Report irregularities, environmental incidents, safety incidents, and infractions.
- Independent Work: Ability to work independently, use good judgment, and prioritize tasks.
- Safety Education: Assist in re-establishing a “safety first” culture and educate staff on their roles and responsibilities in safety matters.
- Decision-Making: Demonstrate judgment, common sense, and decision-making ability, especially in emergencies or other incidents where taking charge and directing others may be required.
- Equipment and Systems: Ability to operate equipment/systems, computers, radios, and phones.
- Record Keeping: Maintain meticulous record keeping, report writing, and observation skills.
- Safety Standards: Ensure safety standards are upheld.
- Travel: Travel frequently to different locations and sites.
Skills, Qualifications & Performance Behaviors:
- Valid Provincial Security Guard License.
- Valid First Aid & CPR and AED certification (an asset).
- Flexible availability for shifts, including days, evenings, weekends, and overnights.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driver abstract.
- Willingness to work outdoors and stand for extended periods.
- Ability to pass drug and alcohol testing where applicable.
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Adaptability to work flexible hours and handle shift changes.
- Proficiency in report writing and computer skills.
- Independent work ethic, sound judgment, and task prioritization abilities.
- Maintain a polished, professional, and customer-friendly image always.
If you are a motivated professional with a passion for ensuring public safety and efficient security management, APPLY TODAY!
Safety Net Security is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.